Sunday, November 7, 2010

Lookin Sharp, not so epic Mickey, and Manpo

This week offers a few instances of note. I am in search of the ultimate pencil sharpener! ULTIMOSHARP! Yeah, I know, it seems lame to many of you but I need a good pencil sharpener. You have no idea what a good sharpener could do for my everyday life. I even spent some time online looking for a good one. The best yet costs around 100 bucks. Ha like I will spend that much. Some people said it is cheap trash. Although it has a nice metal casing etc., the gears are plastic. Now some of you may say, "Bryce why are you talking about looking for pencil sharpeners when you should be looking for girls!" Re: my Elephant chair status on Facebook. Well I would have to say finding the perfect pencil sharpener seems much more practical and consumer oriented. You can check out the merchandise, read reviews online from others who have used the product, and make a well informed decision. Now I could look online for "girls"; I think they call that stalking and it is creepy. So I will stick with looking for a pencil sharpener; although there is Facebook stalking umm ok moving on...

I have watched a few trailers of Disney's newest game on the Wii. The not so epic Mickey. I was not impressed at all. It seemed like any other 3D RPG. I expected something new and innovative. Mickey is jumping around all the time making Karate noises. The only redeeming gameplay may come from the magic brush and the reuniting with Oswald. Who is Oswald? Good old html links. So they game is getting a "what" rating on IGN. I agree!

Donkey Kong RETURNS!! Thanksgiving! I will say no more!

Last, but not least! In search of the Castaways what a surreal movie. Like always, I fell asleep. That doesn't mean the movie wasn't good, I just can't help it. I would have to say the best thing to do is Enzhouy it! The only thing missing from this movie was Josh Pruett laughing and quoting his favorite lines.

So I have this friend who is going to the Man Expo this weekend or the Manpo. I guess we need an expo to show us how to be men. I wonder what people want men to be in this world. It seems they want them to be huge money makers, kinda dumb (sometimes smart) but decisive and dominant, tall, dark, handsome, good at sports, he is congratulated for his escapades with women,while the woman would be called a slut, he should like tools, have big muscles, I could go on.....maybe you could add more to this list.....I reject this pattern of what the world wants a man to be. For me a man is one who knows God and Jesus Christ. He wants what is best for his family over anything else. He strives to honor his fellow men. He is patient, slow to anger, submissive, charitable, long suffering basically read D&C 121. I for one don't need a mass advertising Manpo to show me what a man should be. I have 16 great examples of what a man should be. Yet, I have to admit those products would be cool to check out.
Happy Manpo!


3 comments:

  1. You could theoretically look for girls online with ldssingles.com or some such service. Although I suppose I shouldn't be recommending you use something I'm not willing to try myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Confucius say "Man who look for good pencil grinder will remain single for long time"

    The great wisdom of Confucius is true even today.

    Bryce looking for girls to date is creepy? Are you kidding me! How in the world do you think people find each other? Your father went to a dance looking for girls, at that dance he meet your mother
    Brotherly advice
    1. Your search for your soul mate would be drastic increase if you had the courage to go out and look for a nice looking lady and start a conversation.
    2. All good relationship starts with one word hello.
    3. You don’t have to be the friends with a girl before you ask them out. Often when you put a young lady in the friend category you will never move past that state.
    4. The total stranger walking by you could be your eternal companion and you might be letting her walk away.
    5. For heaven sakes if you like a girl tell her, kiss her. Nothing communicates your feeling better than a kissing.

    Bryce,
    There is nothing holding you back from finding your soul mate. You a good man, you have a good job, and you’re not but ugly. The only thing stopping you is you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ops, I miss read (online looking for girls) ummm yea you right that is kind of creepy. I thought you said look for girls was creepy. for one second I though you were sick in the head. as it turn out, I need to go back to 1st grade and learn how to read.

    ReplyDelete